I have just about made that two week period of getting in some great fitness, I always say if you can get through that two weeks without quiting than it is smoother sailing, because now you have invested time in reaching toward your goal and you don't want to give that hard work up without a fight.
I have been sore and tired, but I believe the results are going to start paying in spades if I don't give up, "it's always darkest before the dawn!"
I have been in the pool, running again, and doing funtional training with my trainer/daughter, it feels good to finally feel the desire again.
I am using the "lose it" app on my iphone and it really gives you an incentive to keep your calories in check each day and you want to get fitness in every day to watch the deletion of calories burned for the day. I hate logging anything, but I have to say this one has gotten my interest, so try the "lose it" app!
I will weigh in two weeks, I don't want to get on there now and blow my mind if I haven't lost! So I'm backing away from the scale.
My favorite thing to do right now is swim, believe it or not I used to feel so awkward in the pool, but after getting some training last year with Severin at Bob's Gym I feel pretty good in the water, no I just need to do workout and get more speed.
Running is hard. RaceWalking is my passion. The only reason I'm running at this point is to lose weight and I really feel I need to run in triathlons, and I would like to do the Nashville Half this year with my duaghter if her foot is healed by then.
It has been a challenge getting my head in the right place, but I think I'm back!
Keep up the great work Amy! xo
ReplyDelete